Welcome to Research Rundowns, a blog intended to simplify research methods in educational settings. I hope this site can serve as a quick, practical, and more importantly, relevant resource on how to read, conduct, and write research. The contents are an expansion and revision of my class materials, intended for use as a refresher or as a free introductory research methods course. Topics are organized into five main sections, with subsections (in parentheses):
- Introduction (INTRO)–a brief overview of educational research methods (3)
- Quantitative Methods (QUANT)–descriptive and inferential statistics (5)
- Qualitative Methods (QUAL)–descriptive and thematic analysis (2)
- Mixed Methods (MIXED)–integrated, synthesis, and multi-method approaches (1)
- Research Writing (WRITING)–literature review and research report guides (5)
Most subsection contains a non-technical description of the topic, a how-to interpret guide, a how-to set-up and analyze guide using free online calculators or Excel, and a wording results guide. All materials are available for general use, following the Creative Commons License.